OFFICIAL RULES – Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows 2023
**ENTRY FORM CAN BE DOWNLOADED BELOW**
A PORTRAIT OF MY DOG
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. IF UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YOU MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO ENTER. INTERNET ACCESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS WILL APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1.Eligibility: THE KENTUCKIANA CLUSTER OF DOG SHOWS ART CONTEST (THE CONTEST) IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS WHO LIVE WITHIN A 50-MILE RADIUS OF EACH OF THE SHOW GIVING CLUBS (I.E. ELIZABETHTOWN, KY/EVANSVILLE, IN/LOUISVILLE, KY).
There are 4 categories:
Kindergarten – 2nd grade,
3rd– 5th grade,
6th – 8th grade,
9th– 12th grade.
Appropriate ages for the categories are required. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulation and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows and Shamrock Acres Training Center
3. Contest Description: The Contest begins January 1, 2023 at 8:00am EDT and ends on March 1, 2023 at 12:00pm EDT. All entries must be received no later than March 3, 2023.
Finalists in each category will be contacted no later than 10:00pm EDT on Sunday March 12, 2023.
4. How to Enter:
To participate, you will need to create a picture on 8.5” x 11” paper following our theme, “A Portrait of My Dog”. The picture may be created by drawing, painting, or using mixed media. Acceptable media includes pencil, charcoal, crayon, oil, oil pastels, watercolor, tempura paint. Digital images will not be accepted. The picture must be an original picture created by you and must not have been submitted in any other contest or promotion. If you are under the age of 18, your legal guardian must fill out a release and waiver (entry form).
Limit: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any multiple accounts to enter the contest is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries.
5. Agreement to Official Rules and Policies: By participating, entrants and parents agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. The decisions of the sponsor are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
6. Winner Determination:
The entries will be split into four (4) grade categories, K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12.
Once all entries have been submitted, they will be judged by a qualified judge(s) (to be selected by the Sponsor) at the conclusion of the Contest Period based on the follow judging criteria:
A Portrait of My Dog 30%
Quality of Picture 30%
Each entry will be assigned a score for each judging criteria.
The Top Ten from each Grade Category will be displayed at the Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows March 18-19, 2023 in the West Wing of the Kentucky Exposition Center, Louisville, Kentucky.
By submitting your entry, you and your parent agree to have your picture displayed at the Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows. The one (1) picture from each grade category with the highest score will be deemed the potential winner for that grade category (subject to verification and compliance with the official Rules).
7. Prizes: There will be one (1) Best in Show Award from the four grade categories. First – fourth place rosettes will be awarded in each grade category as well as Finalist ribbons.
Ten (10) awards will be given for each Grade Category.
The Best in Show Award prize; Rosette and $50 Amazon Gift Card*****
First – Fourth in each Grade Category: Rosettes
Finalist in each Grade Category: Ribbon
Prizes will be mailed to the Parent of the winner within 4-6 weeks after the end of the Contest Period.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value, at its sole discretion.
Limit: one (1) prize per person except for the winner of Best in Show who will receive a Rosette and a first place rosette in their Grade Category.
8. License to Use Entries: By entering the Contest, all entrants and Parents grant an irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to Sponsor and each of its designees to use entrant’s picture and entrant’s first name, age, grade, city and state of residence in connection with the Contest for advertising, promotional ad or other purposes in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised without further consideration, notification or permission.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Contest or to act in an inappropriate, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of Criminal and civil law, and should an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damage from such person to the extent permitted by law.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, each entrant and Parent agrees to release the Contest Entities and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and promotional partners, prize partner, from any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contes, including but not limited to: unauthorized human intervention in the contest, technical errors related to computers, server, provider, or telephone or network lines, printing errors, errors in the administration of the Contest, late, lost, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable, posts, email or mail. Each Parent further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participation in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Each Parent waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever.
11. Disputes: Each Parent agrees that any disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize award shall be resolved individually.
12. Collection and Use of Personal Information: By entering the Contest, entrants and Parents agree to Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of entrant’s and parent’s personal information. Parents agree that personal data submitted with an entry, including but not limited to name, mailing address, phone number and email address may be collected, process, shared, disclosed, stored, maintained and otherwise used by Sponsor for the purpose of conducting and administering the Contest.
*****While the prizes include and Amazon gift Card, Amazon.com in no way, shape or form endorses this contest or sponsor.
Important Update Regarding CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets' Cardiac Clinic:
The clinic is for breed screening purposes only. Pets with a history of heart disease or who have a historical heart murmur should make an appointment with CVCA at their office or with their primary veterinarian.
The clinic will be held Thursday, March 16 - Saturday, March 18, 2023.
Thursday, March 16 (reserved for Beaucerons*)
Friday, March 17 (all dogs): 9 AM - 12 AM or 1 PM - 5 PM
Saturday, March 18 (all dogs) : 9 AM - 2 PM
Auscultation-only exams will be $75 and echocardiograms will be $250.
The clinic will be first come, first serve -- you do NOT need to sign up prior to attending the clinic.
Payment will be accepted in CASH ONLY.
*Thursday availability may open to other dogs depending on Beauceron sign up.
March 16-19th, 2023
Don’t miss out!
As many have already heard, Greater Louisville Training Club has had to make the decision to not host our agility trial at the Fairgrounds during the Kentuckiana Cluster in 2023 . AKC has chosen that weekend to host NAC in Tulsa Oklahoma. We don't have the option to change weekends or go down to one ring as the rent is for the entire building and the dirt and dirt maintenance. We also looked at the possibility of 1 ring off the property, but that would mean the exhibitors would have to drive back and forth and it would cause more conflicts and stress for them. We had to face the fact that agility in 2023 would not be possible. We will however be hosting 5 days of FastCAT at the fairgrounds in Stopher Walk. We hope you will join us in 2024 when we resume our 4-day 3-ring agility trials.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS
**SOLD OUT** the 2020 Kentuckiana Cluster T-shirts and Tote bags.
Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows - Run for the Rosettes
Please don't leave your Furry Friends (or kiddos) in the car.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS AND SPONSORS!!!!!
Show admission price
**Military and First Responders; EMT, Fire Dept, Police & families
**FREE** with proper identification
Thursday - **FREE**
Friday - Saturday - Sunday
Seniors $ 5.00 ages 60 & over
Children $ 5.00 ages 4-13
Children *FREE* ages 3 and under
PARKING: $12 at the gate
*You can purchase parking passes online for $10.60 -one time entry
*Weekly passes are also available online-one time entry
*You must purchase IN/OUT passes at the gate. They are not available online.
**THE EAST END (I-265 LEWIS & CLARK BRIDGE), DOWNTOWN CROSSING (NEW I-65 ABRAHAM LINCOLN) AND I-65 KENNEDY BRIDGES NOW HAVE TOLLS.
THE 3 BRIDGES ARE PART OF THE E-Z PASS SYSTEM.
**THE I-64 SHERMAN MINTON AND US 31/2ND STREET CLARK MEMORIAL BRIDGES DO NOT HAVE TOLLS