March 17-20th, 2022
*provided no change in Covid restrictions
Don’t miss out!
OFFICIAL RULES – Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows 2022 Student Art Contest
Things My Dog Does!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. IF UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YOU MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO ENTER. INTERNET ACCESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS WILL APPLY. VOID
1.Eligibility: THE KENTUCKIANA CLUSTER OF DOG SHOWS ART CONTEST (THE CONTEST) IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS WHO LIVE WITHIN A 50-MILE RADIUS OF EACH OF THE SHOW GIVING CLUBS:
(I.E. ELIZABETHTOWN KY, EVANSVILLE IN/LOUISVILLE KY).
There are 4 categories: Kindergarten – 2nd grade, 3rd – 5th grade, 6th – 8th grade, and 9th – 12th grade. Appropriate ages for all the categories are required.
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s/Judge(s) decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows
3. Contest Description: The Contest begins January 1, 2022 at 8:00am EDT and ends on March 1, 2022 at 12:00pm EDT at which time all entries must be received. Finalists in each category will be contacted no later than 10:00pm EDT on Sunday March 13, 2022.
4. How to Enter: To participate, you will need to create a picture on 8.5” x 11” paper following our theme, “Things My Dog Does”. This should be a picture of your dog doing something of your choice. The picture may be created by drawing, painting, or using mixed media. The picture must be an original picture created by you and must not have been submitted in any other contest or promotion. If you are under the age of 18, your legal guardian must fill out a release and waiver (entry form).
Limit: ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any multiple accounts to enter the contest is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries.
5. Agreement to Official Rules and Policies: By participating, entrants and parents agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. The decisions of the sponsor are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
6. Winner Determination: The entries will be split into four (4) grade categories, K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12. Once all entries have been submitted, they will be judged by a qualified judge(s) based on the follow judging criteria:
Adherence to theme “Things My Dog Does” 30%
Quality of Picture 30%
Each entry will be assigned a score for each judging criteria. The Top Ten from each Grade Category will be displayed at the Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows March 19-20, 2022 in the West Wing of the Kentucky Exposition Center, Louisville, Kentucky. By submitting your entry, you and your parent agree to have your picture displayed at the Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows. The one (1) picture from each grade category with the highest score will be deemed the potential winner for that grade category
(subject to verification and compliance with the official Rules).
7. Prizes: There will be one (1) Best in Show Award from the four grade categories. First – fourth place rosettes will be awarded in each grade category as well as Finalist ribbons. Ten (10) awards will be given for each Grade Category.
The Best in Show Award: Rosette and $50 Amazon Gift Card*****
First – Fourth in each Grade Category: Rosettes
Finalists in each Grade Category: Ribbon
Prizes will be mailed to the Parent of the winner within 4-6 weeks after the end of the Contest Period.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value, at its sole discretion. Limit: one (1) prize per person except for the winner of Best in Show who will receive a Rosette and a first place Rosette in their Grade Category.
8. License to Use Entries: By entering the Contest, all entrants and Parents grant an irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to Sponsor and each of its designees to use entrant’s picture and entrant’s first name, age, grade, city and state of residence in connection with the Contest for advertising, promotional ad or other purposes in any manner, in all media, now or hereafter devised without further consideration, notification or permission.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Contest or to act in an inappropriate, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of Criminal and Civil Law, and should an
attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from such person to the extent permitted by law.
10.Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant and Parent agrees to release the Contest Entities and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and promotional partners, prize partner, from any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest, including but not limited to: unauthorized human intervention in the contest, technical errors related to computers, server, provider, or telephone or network lines, printing errors, errors in the administration of the Contest, late, lost, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable, posts, email or mail. Each Parent further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participation in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Each Parent waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever.
11.Disputes: Each Parent agrees that any disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize award shall be resolved individually.
12.Collection and Use of Personal Information: By entering the Contest, entrants and Parents agree to Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of entrant’s and parent’s personal information. Parents agree that personal data submitted with an entry, including but not limited to name, mailing address, phone number and email address may be collected, process, shared, disclosed, stored, maintained and otherwise used by Sponsor for the purpose of conducting and administering the Contest.
*****While the prizes include and Amazon gift Card, Amazon.com in no way, shape or form endorses this contest or sponsor.
ENTRY FORM BELOW TO DOWNLOAD
Jim Cheski, Vice-President, Arts Association of Oldham County, 501(c)3
Linda Coates, Graphic Design major and instructor at Shamrock Acres Training Center
Sponsored by Shamrock Acres Training Center and their Students & the Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows
Student Entry Form, Release and Waiver
MUST BE COMPLETED and submitted with Art Work.
*If under 18, you must have permission from your parent or legal Guardian to enter.
Check back later - More information to follow as things get finalized
New design for the 2020 Kentuckiana Cluster T-shirts and Tote bags.
Kentuckiana Cluster of Dog Shows - Run for the Rosettes
Please don't leave your Furry Friends (or kiddos) in the car.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDORS AND SPONSORS!!!!!
Show admission price
**Military and First Responders; EMT, Fire Dept, Police & families
**FREE** with proper identification
Thursday - **FREE**
Friday - Saturday - Sunday
Seniors $ 5.00 ages 60 & over
Children $ 5.00 ages 4-13
Children *FREE* ages 4 and under
**THE EAST END (I-265 LEWIS & CLARK BRIDGE), DOWNTOWN CROSSING (NEW I-65 ABRAHAM LINCOLN) AND I-65 KENNEDY BRIDGES NOW HAVE TOLLS.
THE 3 BRIDGES ARE PART OF THE E-Z PASS SYSTEM.
**THE I-64 SHERMAN MINTON AND US 31/2ND STREET CLARK MEMORIAL BRIDGES DO NOT HAVE TOLLS